Saturday, September 18, 2010

September Showers

I love showers.  Well, yes, I love the soap and shampoo variety for a little peace and quiet at the beginning of the day.  But I'm talking about the baby and bridal variety, where we get to shower the mommy or bride-to-be with love and support.  I especially love the little details that go into making those celebrations special.  Maybe it's the menu.  The invite.  The table setting.  Or the games.

I dream...fantasize about throwing parties that would be worthy of a feature on blogs like Hostess with the Mostes or Celebrations at Home.  While there was still so much more that we could have done for this party, I still had a fantastic time helping put together this bridal shower together with AB for our dear Ann.

This is the invitation - cupcakes and tea!
Well, there wasn't actually tea.  But there was curried carrot and apple soup served in beautiful teacups!  Does that count?

And to finish off the menu, we had...

Fruit, cheese and crackers
Crab and mango salad in homemade wonton cups.
Mini onion and two cheese quiche.
And it can't be a cupcake and tea party without the cupcakes!!!!  Snickerdoodle cupcakes (since snickerdoodle cookies are the brides' favorite) with brulee-ed seven minute frosting.
I heart my Martha Stewart whiteware cake platters.

And thanks to Jenn, we played the BEST bridal shower game EVER.  A bridal pinata.  Filled with lots of bridal stuff.  Who said pinatas were just for kids?

And where was Charlotte during the festivities?  With Daddy. (Come on, you didn't think I'd have a post without at least one photo of Charlotte, did you?)

2 comments:

  1. That china teacup is gorgeous!! Is that yours? I love it!

    Looks like such a beautiful party - beautiful details! The food looks magazine worthy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so glad you liked the party details, Karen! The china actually belongs to my friend. It's her grandmother's china and gorgeous indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...