Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Golden Ticket

LABELS.  We use labels to describe ourselves.  We use them to describe others.  What labels are attached to me?  Who am I?  Mother, wife, sister, friend.  All pretty positive.  Attorney, blogger, photographer, baker.  Okay, for the most part, those are fine as well.  Scrapper.  Hmm...most of my friends chuckle when I use that label.  At first, I was a bit embarrassed.  Okay, I was really embarrassed.  But as I became more passionate about this hobby, I also become more proud of that label.  SCRAPPER.  Why should I be ashamed to be a scrapbooker?  Why?  Because I'm creating something beautiful and unique for my family?  Because I'm writing messages and letter for my daughter...which she hopefully will one day share with her children.  There is nothing to be ashamed of there.

A huge influence in my *growth* as a scrapbooker has been the daily sketches created by Kristy Lee at scrapbooksteals.com.  With each sketch, I embrace the challenge to make it my own and to create yet another page for Charlotte's first year scrapbook.  Below are my interpretations of sketches 41-50 (which officially makes me a member of the "Gold Club").  I am clearly hooked.

Sketch MWM #41 - Keeping Great Gran Busy.


Patterned Paper:  Echo Park (Country Drive);  Embellishments:  Martha Stewart Crafts (lady bug dimensional stickers), American Crafts (thickers, brads), Tattered Angels (glimmer mist).

Sketch MWM #42 - First Easter

Patterned Paper:  We Are Memory Keepers (Hippity Hop);  Embellishments:  We Are Memory Keepers (embroidery floss), American Crafts (thickers, brads), Prima (flowers), Martha Stewart Crafts (border punch, buttery punch), Making Memories (flower brad).

Sketch MWM #43 - ...after



Patterned Paper:  We Are Memory Keepers (Out and About);  Embellishments:  We Are Memory Keepers (brads, chipboard stickers), American Crafts (thickers), Studio Calico (wood heart), Lawn Fawn (stamps), Technique Tuesday (stamps).


Sketch MWM #44 - Hawaiian Adventure


Patterned Paper:  Me and My Big Ideas, Echo Park (Candy Shoppe);  Embellishments:  Me and My Big Ideas (chipboard stickers), Echo Park (label sticker), American Crafts (thickers).
 
Sketch MWM #45 - Three Months

Patterned Paper:  Echo Park (little girl)t;  Embellishments: Echo Park (stickers), My Minds Eye (journaling die cut), Marta Stewart Crafts (border punches), Unity Stamps (banner stamp)

Sketch MWM #46 - Go Navy, Beat Army

Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye (Lil' Robots), We Are Memory Keepers (Out and About);  Embellishments:  My Minds Eye (border strips, letter stickers), American Crafts (thickers), Unity Stamps (date and military stamps), Oriental Trading Company (brads), Fiskars (border punch), EK Success (border punch).

Sketch MWM #47 - Born in Flagstaff

Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye (Penny Lane);  Embellishments:  Sassafras (flower sticker), American Crafts (thickers, brads), Echo Park (letter stickers), My Minds Eye (stickers and die cuts).

Sketch MWM #48 - First Birthday

Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye (Hip Hip Hooray);  Embellishments:  Prima (flowers), American Crafts (thickers, brads), My Minds Eye (stickers), Oriental Trading Company (buttons, brads), Hampton Arts (owl stamp), Lawn Fawn (banner stamp), Unity Stamps (date stamp).

Sketch MWM #49 - Charlotte's Princess Party

Patterned Paper:  Imaginese (Enchanted);  Embellishments:  Imaginese (stickers, ribbon, die cuts), American Crafts (thickers), Oriental Trading Company (flowers, buttons), My Minds Eye (journaling die cut), Lawn Fawn (stamps).

Sketch MWM #50 - We Are Family

Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye (So Sophie);  Embellishments:  American Crafts (thickers), Making Memories (ribbon).

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I may have to hire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for hire...well depending on what you want me to do for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely don't be embarrassed by the label of "Scrapper"! Van- your layouts are always AMAZING! Wear that label PROUD! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cyndee!! Rest assured I'll wear the label proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! Scrap loud and scrap proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Julie!!! I probably won't scrap loudly (since I do it when everyone is sleeping). But I shall certainly do it proudly. Tehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of my friends (they don't know each other, so I'm talking about two branches of scrappers) do scrapping weekends! There are these houses (some seem very nice) that are set up for this. You, with a toddler, do it better at home when all are sleeping. However it's done, it's creative and such an amazing way to present memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Casey! So good to hear from you! I can't even imagine having an entire weekend to just scrapbook. I personally find it a good way to unwind at the end of the day after tucking Charlotte (and sometimes Justin) into bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so amazing! I have seen your layouts on SS but not like this. All at one time. It's simply wonderful. Sam B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Sam! I love seeing your stuff on SS too. I suppose their "clubs" give us all a good excuse to put all the pictures in one place to see how we've grown. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...