Monday, June 18, 2012

Congratulations, Graduate!

A few weeks ago, my nephew graduated from sixth grade.  How did he grow up so quickly?!?  I picked up some balloons on my way to the celebration and Charlotte refused to give them up to the graduate.  Here she is pulling them around the playround.


That weekend, we had a graduation celebration of epic proportions for my nephew.  The food was overflowing and the guests had a great time just running around the park and celebrating.  With some help from Charlotte and my nephews, I made 150 cupcakes!!  Two flavors to choose from.  First up, Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting.


Then some Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.


After Charlotte's first birthday party, I learned that some things are better done semi-homemade.  Check out this short cut gourmet cupcake recipe I used from Heather Bailey.  Seriously love it.  And since I always make homemade frosting, I never feel guilty about using a box of cake mix.  :)

I designed the treat bag favor tags for the kids' goodie bags.  Super simple but cute with that graduation owl in the center.


Supplies:  Cardstock (Recollections); Digital Files (Lettering Delights); Photoshop CS5; Silhouette Cameo.

And finally, to go along with our gift for the graduate, here is the card I made.  This is called a "hybrid" project which means using digital scrapbooking supplies (like the ones you can purchase from JessicaSprague.com) and using them on physical cards or layouts.  It is a great way to make stuff if you don't have the perfect paper on hand!


Supplies:  Dani by Design (School Spirit Add a Grad); Silhouette Cameo; Cardstock (American Crafts); Xyron Mega Runner.

As always, thanks for stopping by!  And all those celebrating graduations this year, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Van
    Great Blog
    Can I ask you a quick question .... is it easy to download this digital design and then print as you have above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, thanks for visiting my blog. Are you referring to the tag or the card? In general, once a digital design is made in photoshop, it can be saved as a JPEG and then easily downloaded and printed to be used as needed. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Hi Van
    Thanks for the quick response - I meant the card - finding graduation paper especially Australia is really hard.
    So save it as a jpg and print it on A4 ? on a colour printer ?
    Thanks
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most digital papers you can purchase or find online (like the ones at JessicaSprague.com) are hi res JPEG files that you can definitely just print onto A4 with a color printer. Let me know if you have any other questions. GOOD LUCK!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...