Saturday, June 16, 2012

Take Twelve Project - June 12

I really love looking through all of my Take Twelve layouts to see how much our lives have changed over the past few months.  I know that once 2012 comes to an end, our family will truly cherish these memories.

This June 12 marks the our first month back in San Diego after a wonderful "sabbatical" in Newport, Rhode Island.  Although Justin is gone on training (and eventually deployment immediately afterwards), having family and familiar surroundings around us has made the transition as smooth as it could possibly be.  

This layout reflects the new daily routine with just me and Charlotte.  None of it is particularly exciting but I think it's important to document our everyday moments - making the lunches, eating breakfast, going to work, playing after school, and the bedtime routine.  While I know that my past few blog posts have been reflective and often sad in their tone, I wanted to focus on celebrating the new chapter in our life with bright and fun colors.  The digital papers from Echo Park Sweet Day were perfect for this!

Digital Supplies:  Echo Park (Sweet Day Digital Paper and Elements); Splendid Fiins (Office Supplies); Carina Gardner (Photo Masks); Creativity by Crystal (Funky Stitching and Scallop Borders).

If you're participating in the Take 12 Challenge this month, make sure to upload your layout to your blog or any photo-sharing service (including the 2012 Take Twelve Flickr group), then link it up to the Ella Publishing blog by midnight EST Monday, June 18.  You could win a spot in Nic Howard's new workshop, Dimensional Details: the Expanded Version from our friends at Big Picture Classes, valued at $79!! 

 As always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to pop by and tell you that I absolutely ADORE your scrapping style and I'm so glad I found your blog :o)
    May I ask what font you used for the journaling on this page?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...