Sunday, June 9, 2013

Xyron and Epiphany Crafts Blog Hop


It's time for another amazing blog hop with Xyron and this week they are teaming up with Ephiphany Crafts!!!!!  I am a tool and gadget junkie when it comes to my crafting and the tools by Ephiphany Crafts are a MUST HAVE STAPLE for any DIYer.  With their amazing tools, you can customize anything from simple embellishments to even jewelry charms.

A.  Photo Charm.  The first project I have is a super simple but cute ribbon necklace I made for my daughter.


Supplies:  To make this necklace, you will need the following supplies:  Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker (Permanent Adhesive); Ephiphany Crafts (Shape Studio Tool Heart 25, Bubble Caps Heart 25, Metal Charms Heart 25); American Crafts Ribbon.

1. Size Down and Print Your Photos.  Choose a photo that is approximately 28 mm x 28 mm large (to fit inside the heart shape of the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Heart 25).  Note: I resized my image in Photoshop and then printed them at home using photo paper.


2.  Punch Out Photo/ Image.  Using the Ephiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Heart 25, cut out a heart shape from the photograph.


3.  Adhere the Bubble Cap.  Leave the heart shape inside the heart tool, place a heart bubble cap on top of the image and inside of the tool, and then close the lid and press down to adhere the bubble cap onto the photograph.


4.  Apply Adhesive onto the Heart Bubble.  Run the heart bubble through the Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker.


5.  Place Heart Bubble into Charm Setting.  By simply removing the adhesive backing from the heart bubble, you can then simply place the heart inside the Ephiphany Crafts Metal Charm Setting to create the most adorable and customized charm!


Since I'm not a jewelry maker, I simple ran a piece of cute ribbon through the charm to create a super cute necklace for my daughter.  And since it was so easy, I was able to quickly make a second one for her to give to her friend.


B.  Custom Embellishments for Cards.  I also love how the Ephiphany Crafts tools let me fully utilize my digital scrapbooking supplies to make custom embellishments, perfect for scrapbook layouts or cards.  For these next two cards, I printed some digital stamps (in coordinating colors with my patterned paper) on matte photo paper to make these flair-like circle embellishments.


For my other supplies, I stuck with my Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit (which I am a brand new subscriber to).  I also created some smaller circle embellishments by cutting out images from the patterned paper with the Epiphany Crafts Studio Shape Tool Round 14.

1.  You're the Best Card.  


Supplies:  Ephiphany Crafts (Studio Shape Tool Round 25 and 14, Bubble Caps Round 25 and 14); Adhesives (Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker, Xyron Mega Runner); Patterned Paper and Die Cuts (Basic Grey - Hipster Collection); Stamps (Amuse Studio); Wood Veneer (Freckled Fawn); Heart Sequin and Brad (Doodlebug Designs); Hello Word Art (Splendid Fiins - Spot On).

Here is a close up of the custom embellishments (which easily fit through the Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker).

 

2.  Where in the World Card.  


Supplies:  Epiphany Crafts (Studio Shape Tool Round 25 and 14, Bubble Caps Round 25 and 14); Adhesives (Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker, Xyron Mega Runner); Patterned Paper and Die Cuts (Basic Grey - Hipster Collection); Stamps (Kelly Purkey - Dude); Wood Veneer (Freckled Fawn); Hello Word Art (Splendid Fiins - Spot On).

With the "hello lovely" circle, I used the Round 25 tool as just a circle punch and opted not to cover it in a bubble.  I love it when my tools have multiple functions!  And here is a close up.


Remember to stop by the Xyron Blog and Xyron Facebook Page all week to see what other awesomeness and giveaways are going on!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome ,Van :)
    You little one is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute necklace. And your card is so pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you made! Homemade flair? Yes, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace is sweet! Love the Where in the World card with all the custom embellishments! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...