Monday, December 12, 2011

Vanlikethecar Designs - Grand Opening

This past weekend, I was honored to be a part of a Handmade Open House graciously hosted by Autumn, an amazing crafter and owner of Beauty by the Sea Designs.  This was my first time ever participating in an event like this.  Let me tell you, I had so much fun chatting it up with other crafters, friends and shoppers as they browsed through all the beautiful handmade gifts that were for sale.

Participating in the open house also gave me the perfect excuse to finally launch Vanlikethecar Designs, an online craft shop to showcase my handmade paper crafts (and sometimes non-paper crafts).  


I have no idea what will become of this tiny little venture but I think that it will be fun and the perfect distraction while we I'm on my east coast sabbatical (or so I like to call it). So if you're in the need for some custom cards, birthday banners or other crafty gifts, please keep me in mind.  And in the meantime, please visit us either on facebook or etsy!

And since no blog post is ever quite complete without some photos, here is a sampling of what we have in the shop!

1.  Yarn Wreath.  This is an 8 inch wreath hand wrapped with a stunning gray colored yarn and then embellished with handmade pink and yellow felt flowers.  I then wrapped the top with gray satin ribbon.  Perfect for an interior door and the colors make for year-round decor. 




2.  Hair Clip Greeting Cards.  I got this idea from Under a Cherry Tree and I think it's the perfect gift when you want to send just a little something more than a card.  All the hair clips are handmade with American Crafts ribbon and lined with white velvet.  If you want a custom hair color, just let me know and I can make one for you.




3.  Glass Etched Ornaments.  Using my Cricut to make vinyl templates, I can etch into any glass or mirror surface (think ornaments, glasses, mirrors, frames, etc.).  While I don't have any pictures of the beer glasses (Justin took them to a White Elephant Party and I was told they were quite the hit), here are some of the ornaments I've made.


4.  Custom Banners.  I love to make custom banners for the holidays, birthday parties - basically, any and all types of celebrations.  Most banners are made up of 3-5 layers of high quality cardstock and include some pretty adorable details.  Here are a few samples which I recently made for a friend's Baby Sprinkle and for Charlotte's upcoming birthday.  Just message me if you want to put in a custom order.




So please go and "like" us on facebook and visit us over on etsy.  I'll try to post new items over on the blog every once in awhile.  But as always, thanks to everyone for their continued love and support.  It truly does mean the world to me.


Happy Holidays!!!!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the new blog and etsy shop!! Great meeting you the other day at Autumns!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...