Friday, August 10, 2012

Countdown to Goodbye

We are counting down the days/ hours/ minutes before Justin leaves again.  The anxiousness just hangs over everyone.  It leads to uncontrollable crying, senseless bickering, or overwhelming love at random times throughout the day.  But we are all trying to focus on simply enjoying the moments we have together and being grateful for the time that we do have.  I keep reminding myself that it could be a billion times worse and that this isn't about us.  It's about something much bigger that us - it's about serving our country and the sacrifices Justin makes because of his love for this country.  I have to suck it up because I'm not strong enough to do what Justin does (and will do).  But I know that somehow I can be strong enough to make sure that our little family will be fine while he is away.  And during those moments when I falter, I know that I will have my family and friends there to pick me back up.  


So the countdown to goodbye continues.  But the sooner we say goodbye, the sooner we can start counting down to hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...