Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop - April Release

I'm so beyond excited to be guest designing for the Sweet Stamp Shop again this month.  It blows my mind how Nicole Rixon (the owner and designer) is able to release such fun and creative sets each and every month.  Plus, whenever I use them, they somehow make me feel like a stamping rock star (when in all actuality, I can't even tell my acrylic from my photo polymer).  Okay...that's not true but I just wanted to geek it out there for a second.  :)

I got to play with the awesome Cityscape set.  This set is so versatile.  You can use it for moving announcements, graduation cards, new years cards, city layouts...the list goes on and on.  I especially love it because the combination of outline and solid image stamps lend themselves perfectly for some fun single layer cards. 

1.  We've Moved Card.  For moving announcements, you usually have to make A LOT so my answer is usually simple stamping using multiple ink colors.  And did you notice how awesome that font in the "spreading the news" sentiment is?!?!?  LOVE!!!


Supplies:  Stamps (Sweet Stamp Shop - Cityscape); Cardstock (Neena Paper); Ink (Jenni Bowlin, Impress).

2.  A Day in the City Card.  Here is another fun and simple card.  I love the idea of two step stamping (i.e. you stamp a solid image and then the outline).  So I made my own sold image "stamps" using the building outline stamps using some craft foam and Xyron repositional and permanent adhesive.  Easy peasy.  And then I paired the building image with some hand drawn cars a la Ed Emberly.  Anyone remember those?!?!?



Supplies: Stamps (Sweet Stamp Shop - Cityscape); Cardstock (Neena Paper); Ink (Versafine, Impress, Copic, American Crafts); Adhesives (Xyron 5" Creative Station - Permanent and Repositional Adhesive); Craft Foam.

And I seriously love how cute those cards look with the building stamps. 



Make sure you check out the Sweet Stamp Shop blog and facebook page all week for some awesome new guest creations!!!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet cards! Love the little line of cars in the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards with this set and love the cars you made!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...