Friday, January 6, 2012

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - January Counterfeit Kit Reveal


If you're coming here from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop, welcome!  I'm thrilled to be this month's guest designer and eager to show you the kit I put together using this month's inspiration kits from Cocoa Daisy.

1.  The Main Counterfeit Kit


I was immediately drawn to the colors and vintage feel of the Amber Snowflakes kit.  The golden yellows contrasting with the smokey grays and blacks just made me swoon.  I also love the little pops of blue, green and red.  The doilies, lace and antique furniture highlighted in the Amber Snowflakes kit also reminded me of an old antique store nestled somewhere in small town Connecticut.  So with the colors and feel of the inspiration kit etched into my mind, I began to scour through my stash.

I generally scrap using bright colors and cutesy images.  Thankfully, I was to find some perfect papers in from My Mind's Eye (Oh La La, So Sophie); Crate Paper (Prudence, Season); Studio Calico (State Fair, Countryside); and Sassafras (Sunshine Broadcast, Starters, Indie Girl)


There were also some 6x6 paper pads from My Mind's Eye (Lost and Found- Portobello Road) and Basic Grey (Marjolaine, Basics White) that matched the 12x12 papers really well.


For the embellishments, I again focused on the color palate and feel of the inspiration kit.  Here are some die cuts and stickers I selected from my stash.  Lots of stuff from Sassafrass and My Mind's Eye.  I also threw in some paper doilies, shipping tags, and kraft bags.


And here are the rest of the embellishments.  


Letter Stickers (American Crafts, Studio Calico, October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket, Basic Grey, Target).  Ribbon (American Crafts); Washi Tape (American Crafts, Pink Paislee); Flower Embellishments (Sassafras, American Crafts); Buttons (My Mind's Eye); Banner Strips (Martha Stewart Crafts); Thread (Darice); Mini Paper Clips (Wal-Mart).

 2.  The Christmas Counterfeit Kit

Since I also plan on scrapping some photos from this past Christmas, I thought I'd also put together a small Christmas Counterfeit Kit using the Merry and Bright Kit as my inspiration.


I wanted to focus on the traditional red, white and green colors so I pulled some papers and die-cut stickers from Echo Park, Imaginesce, My Mind's Eye and Crate Paper.


I also pulled some red and green letter stickers from American Crafts and Sassafras.  


I'm so excited to start 2012 by playing along with the amazing design team members from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and can't wait to start crafting!

Next on our Blog Hop is the uber talented Crystal!!!

16 comments:

  1. I love your take on the Amber Snowflakes kit - really lovely - I look forward to seeing some fabulous pages from it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kits! Can't wait to see what you do with them - especially as they are not your usual style. I also love the look of those 6x6 pads - I want to go shopping now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love your kits!! Especially those paper pads and all of the fantastic alphas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really big kits - can't wait to see what you create. I like your more vibrant take on the Amber Snowflake kit - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your giant main kit. You will be able to do so much with those colors and fun embellishments. I also really like the tree paper and word paper in your Christmas kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are two wonderful kits! And your main kit is big too so you'll get so much variety out of it - this will be a fun month to watch and see what you create! I love the feel you have created with your choice of colours and elements

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome kits! Welcome to the group - can't wait to see you start using the kits. Aren't 6x6 pads the best?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to think of the Main Kit, as an antique store! I love your colors. So scrapilicious!!!! The Christmas kit is also fun and cheerful. So glad to have you as the Guest Designer this month!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your kits! Absolutely gorgeous choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure amazingness. All of it. I know that every single thing you make with this kit will be fabulous and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your counterfeit kits are lovely! I haven't made a kit in a few months, but am so inspired to join in for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous color combinations. I am loving all the details you picked out. Great job sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice combination of PP and embellies. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kits are fantastic. Especially love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...