Friday, January 27, 2012

Happily Ever After {a scrapbook layout}

If you're coming over her from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, welcome!  For Challenge #3, we were asked to make a layout with confetti.  Talk about a challenge?!  Since I rarely (um...never) use confetti in my layout or projects, the challenge really forced me to think outside the box and inspired me to create this layout.


This is a layout celebrating the wedding of my dear friends, Erica and Jiunwei.  Our family had the most memorable and special memories crying during the ceremony, laughing during the toasts and dancing well past midnight.  These snapshots representing moments throughout the wedding (taken by my uber talented friend, Henry) certainly capture the joy and love I remember so fondly.  So when trying to come up with a design for this layout, I thought to myself, what says "YIPEE" more than some confetti!

I was initially inspired by this layout I saw in the Two Peas in a Bucket gallery.  Using the same idea behind the large confetti-filled "10" in Lisa's layout, I die cut a bride and groom silhouette.  I then adhered part of a page protector behind the die-cut paper and then sewed around it to create the perfect pocket for all of the confetti.  I made the confetti using bits and pieces of scraps from my January Counterfeit Kit and a Martha Stewart heart border punch.  If you look closely, you can see little paper hearts in that pile of confetti!


I die cut the "Happily Ever After" title using an image I found in the Silhouette online store.  (More about my new and awesome Silhouette Cameo another day.)  I also covered the patterned paper (originally colored white, blue and yellow) used for the "Ever After" words in a pink Colorbox Chalk Ink.


I didn't add too many other embellishments to this page other than some Sassafras Blooms and American Crafts washi tape.


Finally, I printed my journaling on vellum and then adhered it directly onto the page.


Project 100 Update:  19 down.  81 to go.

9 comments:

  1. A fabulpously put together page - really happy, bright & cheerful. Love your containment of the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, happy page - the cut out figures are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore the way you cut out the bride and groom shapes!! It is a very beautiful- perfect for such a joyous occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is inspired - I love the confetti as evidence of the celebration of the two of them. What a lovely page, Van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Van! So creative! What a happy and joyful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Makes such a wonderful change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING! I love your twist on the original. This would make such an wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! Makes me think again about getting a Silhouette machine. What a wonderful tribute to your friend's wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...